Our expert urologists, state-of-the-art equipment, and clinical outcomes have earned the Urology Department an outstanding reputation in treating urologic diseases and conditions.
Besides providing excellent medical care, our physicians are leaders in clinical research. This enhances our ability to offer the most advanced treatments available.
The department hosts multiple clinical research projects in such areas as benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatic and bladder cancer, and impotence. The department is involved in collaborative efforts with the leading researchers from Weizmann Institute of Science, Hebrew University, and Tel Aviv University.
Diagnostic and treatment procedures cover the range of invasive surgery, laparoscopic surgery, as well as non-invasive procedures.
The team of highly skilled urologists at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center Department of Urology perform the full range of urological procedures, including:
- Open and laparoscopic surgeries for prostate, bladder, renal, adrenal, and testicular cancer
- Minimally invasive urological procedures using robotic surgery technologies (Da Vinci Xi system)
- Non-invasive treatment for kidney and urinary tract stones
- Surgeries for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction, incontinence, and other urological problems.
The department includes inpatient facilities for adult patients and a pediatric urology unit, functioning as part of the “Dana Dwek” Children’s Hospital. It also incorporates several specialty clinics, including the Urologic Oncology Clinic that treats prostate, bladder, urinary tract, renal, adrenal, and testicular cancers, the Clinic for Kidney Stone Disease, and the Clinic for Male Sexual Dysfunction.
The department specializes in the use of Brachytherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer.
As well as featuring extensive diagnostic capabilities and ambulatory activities, the department has the following facilities:
- Cystoscopy room equipped with sophisticated instruments for bladder tests
- Prostate diagnostic facility (transrectal ultrasound)
- Doppler ultrasound for diagnosing reproductive system blood vessel disorders associated with sexual dysfunction
- Diagnostic urodynamic monitoring of bladder dysfunctions
The pediatric urology unit deals with a range of urological problems in the urological and reproductive system identified in infants, children, and youth. The unit has a highly capable, experienced, and professional team that treats the gamut of urological problems, including undescended testis, narrowing of the urethra, Hydrocele, urinary tract blockages, reflux, etc.
The department exists to cure or reduce suffering from urologic disease and disability. We are committed to offering the highest quality urologic. Here you’ll find exceptional quality medical care delivered by world-class specialists.
The cost of medical treatment at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center is substantially lower than similar treatment in the US, Canada, Germany and other countries; however, the care provided is of the highest standard and the facilities are world class